A question we get at Kristine King Events often is “should we hire a wedding videographer”? Our feeling is “YES!” You'll hear brides raving about their florist, their planner and amazing photographer, but a videographer is always seen as an added expense. Trust me, you may see it as an unnecessary expense, but here are a few reasons to reconsider splurging for an elegantly documented video of your wedding day!
- A keepsake for years to come - Having a cinematic wedding video that you can watch on your anniversary really helps to remind yourselves of why you love each other so much. With modern technology your wedding can be viewed for generations to come!
- You can relive your big day - Everyone will tell you this and it’s true: your wedding day will fly by! Having a video to look back on truly lets you get back in the moment and relive the event you spent so many months planning.
- Capturing movement and sound - Still photos provide an image of a moment in time, but wedding videos capture both movement and sound. For as artistic and beautiful as still photos can be, they cannot capture motion or sound—which makes a wedding video a must-have!
- It captures those special, unseen moments - That sweet smile you gave your husband during your first dance, the warm hug you gave your grandpa after the ceremony or the words of your father giving his father of the bride speech are moments that can be missed by the photographer. Not to mention a videographer will capture all the fun dance moves your guests bust out on the dance floor! Videos catch those rare moments that you’ll be excited to look back on!
- Easily shareable - Videographers are able to upload wedding videos onto platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo which allows you to easily share your wedding video with family and friends. Your videographer may also be able to create highlight reels for you to share on social media. It makes hiring a videographer ideal for those who are having smaller or destination weddings by allowing family and friends who were unable to attend feel like they were actually there!
While we think hiring a videography is worth the splurge for your big day, oftentimes the budget simply has no wiggle room to allot for one, which is completely understandable. A great alternative is having a friend or family member videotape some of the bigger moments from the ceremony, first dance, speeches and the cake cutting. Happy planning! :)