Kristine King Events was thrilled to attend New York Bridal Fashion Week in the big apple this past week. It was quite the experience to get acquainted with this major event we had never had the chance to attend. It was such a treat to get a peek into the behind-the-scenes world of the wedding fashion industry!
New York Bridal Fashion Week is the premiere bridal trade show in New York City attracting bridal manufacturers from across the world to reveal their new lines for the upcoming season. Gowns range from high end couture brands to moderate marquee brands. There is a comprehensive array of exhibitors featuring bridal, special occasion, mother of the bride, bridesmaid and flower girls gowns as well as a vast assortment of headpieces, veil and accessories.
Over the weekend of April 15th we attended a trade show at the Metropolitan Pavilion where we connected with the top designers which included Justin Alexander and Lillian West. We also were also in attendance at Peter Lagner's bridal fashion show. We enjoyed interacting with the designers and gowns and being able to touch and feel the fabric and really see the gorgeous details up close. Speaking to the designers and hearing their inspiration behind their collections was certainly a highlight of the show.
What a great event that we look forward to attending in the fall! We were able to take away some of the hot trends for 2017 brides-to-be:
1. Pretty Bows: Oversize, feminine bows are a huge trend in 2017. Brides are modeling large bows on their trains and accentuating their waist with a bow on a sash. From wispy, ethereal bows to structured, abstract bows there's a beautiful bow for every bride!
2. Flirty Ruffles: Twirl down the aisle with ruffles! The gowns are so whimsical and feminine. From gorgeous gowns with ruffles at the waist or hem to gowns with all over-over ruffles, we are simply loving this trend.
3. Colorful Hues: Bridal no longer means ivory or white and next spring, you can expect to see brides breaking out with color! We will be seeing lovely pastel hues to bright, bold shades. If you really want to wow on your wedding day, there's no better way than a bright color.
4. Deep V Necklines: The deep neck line is both sexy and classic. It is flattering to a bride's upper body while elongating her frame. Balance the deep V with traditional bridal touches like romantic lace, full skirts or delicate beading. The finished look is sultry and sexy but still timeless and beautiful!
5. Fun Feathers: Feather's are a hot trend for 2017 and designers are offering classic full-length silhouettes adorned with feathers or a simple gowns with well-placed delicate feathers to make it eye catching.